2018 Scholarship Programme
Oryx International School is delighted to open its scholarship programme to high performing Year 10 students for September 2018.
There are a limited number of scholarships available at a reduction of 75% of the published school fees.
The scholarship will be granted for four years (Years 10 – 13), provided the student maintains continued academic excellence, which will be reviewed on a yearly basis.
Scholarships are open to all Qatar Airways employees who do not currently receive the education allowance.
If you are interested in applying for an Oryx International School Scholarship, click on the link below to access the Scholarship Application Form.
Please download the Scholarship Application Form and ensure you complete every section and return it to email@example.com, with the heading: Scholarship Application 2018.
Please include the following documentation with your email:
· Scholarship Application Form;
· your child’s last two year’s report cards/records;
· any other high academic achievement supporting documentation; and
· your child’s Qatar ID and passport.
The deadline for applying is 21 June 2018. If your child is shortlisted they will be invited to sit an assessment between 24 - 28 June at the current school in theOld Airport area.
Following a successful assessment, they will be invited to an interview with the Principal.
Successful applicants will then be invited to join our scholarship programme for the 2018 academic school year.
For more information about the school please click here: www.oryxschool.qa
You can also contact admissions on +974 4063 0085 for further information or to book a visit.
Please note: incomplete applications or applications submitted without school reports will automatically be rejected.
Terms and conditions
You may apply for the scholarship for your son or daughter, provided they meet the following criteria:
- The student must be able to speak English, as lessons at Oryx International follow the English National Curriculum and are delivered in English
- Their current school reports must show that they are already performing at a high level in the core subjects of English and Mathematics
- One of the parents must be a permanent employee of Qatar Airways or one of its subsidiaries;
- The scholarship is available to families of Qatar Airways employees who do not receive an education allowance and is available at a reduction of 75% of the published school fees.
- The parents must be able to pay the balance of the termly fees in full after the scholarship has been applied
- The parents must also be able to cover any additional costs that are not covered by the scholarship, including school uniform, meals, day trips and extra-curricular activities
- The student will receive the benefit of the scholarship for 4 years at Oryx International School (Years 10 – 13), provided the student is performing at the required standard
- The student must satisfy conditions relating to behaviour and attendance, as well as meeting academic targets
- Applications are submitted before 21 June 2018
- The student must be available to attend a selection day to be determined by the school between 24 – 28 June 2018. If the student cannot attend on that date, then they will not be considered for the scholarship
- The selection day will comprise examinations in mathematics, reading and non-verbal reasoning. Students will have to complete a piece of writing and attend an interview with the School Principal and/or an Assistant Head teacher
- The management of Qatar Airways will make the final decision relating to the selection of students
- Following the selection day, the successful applicants will be notified by the school;
- There will be no appeal for unsuccessful applicants
Places for scholarships are limited To be considered for a scholarship for the 2018/19 academic year, please complete the application form and submit it with all relevant supporting documentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org