Let us guide you through joining our school
Welcome to Oryx International School, you are one of the exclusive parents in Qatar that has the privilege of joining our five-star Qatar Airways custom-built school. We would be delighted to provide you with the opportunity of visiting our school and meeting the team, allowing you to make an informed choice as to what is best for you and your family.
Please contact us to discuss the availability of seats for specific year groups.
To start the admissions process, please follow the easy steps below:
Step 1: Status check
Are you a full-time employee of Qatar Airways or one of their approved subsidiaries? These include:
- Qatar Duty-Free (QDF),
- Qatar Aviation Services (QAS),
- Al Maha Services,
- Qatar Executive,
- Qatar Airways Catering Company (QACC),
- Qatar Distribution Company (QDC),
- Airport Hotel,
- Hyatt Regency Oryx Doha (formerly Oryx Rotana Hotel),
- Qatar Amiri Flights, and
- Discover Qatar
If you fit into one of these categories, please proceed.
Step 2: Join a tour
We are always delighted to welcome prospective parents to our school and look forward to meeting you, please register to book a tour by clicking on the following link: Book a School Tour. We look forward to meeting and taking you through a journey of our school.
Provide the following information in the booking form:
- Parent/s first and last name/s:
- Parent/s contact email/s:
- Parent/s mobile number/s:
- Child/ren first and last name/s:
- Child/ren year group/s applying to join.
- During school term: Monday starting at 09:00 and Wednesday starting at 14:30
- During holiday times: Monday and Wednesday starting at 09:00
During your visit we will:
- Introduce you to our school.
- Discuss your child’s educational needs and the curriculum.
- Answer any specific questions you may have.
- Help you with your admissions requirements.
Step 3: Applying
To complete the Application Form, please follow the process in the Online Application link below.
Before starting, ensure that you read all the requirements in the application section carefully and supply us with the required documentation and information.
Before your child starts school you will have to provide us with:
- attested report cards if you are joining from outside of Qatar,
- transfer certificate if you are joining from a school within Qatar, and
- the Qatar ID for your child.
A place at the school is not guaranteed with the receipt of an application. Where a year group is full and an applicant has satisfied the entry requirements of the school, your child can join our waiting list, provided payment of the non-refundable application fee of QAR450 has been made.
Note: all children starting FS1 or FS2 must be toilet ready before they can join the school
Application and Registration Fees are non-refundable.
Payments can be made by bank transfer or cheque (which should be dropped off at the security gate at school, this will then be given to our Finance Department and you will receive a receipt via email). Bank Details can be found here. Applications will only be processed on receipt of the non-refundable Application Fee.
Students will not be allowed to start school until we have received the Attested Report cards and Qatar National Identity Document, which will then be registered with the MoE&HE.
Attested Report Card process:
- The school your child is coming from OR the Department of Education of the country you are coming from;
- the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country you are coming from;
- The (nearest) Qatar Embassy and
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Qatar (once you arrive in Qatar).
Islamic and Muslim students with a passport from a regional country must take Islamic Studies as a Ministry of Education examinable subject. These countries include: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
Step 4: Assessment
Once you have submitted the Application Form and fee, your child will be required to participate in an Assessment Test. Our EYFS students are assessed via an observation process (all students must be toilet ready to start school), Key Stage 1 sit a GL assessment and Years 3 and above a CAT4 assessment. Completion of an assessment does not guarantee a place at the school for your child.
Assessments and relevant documentation are reviewed, these include:
- School reports;
- Assessment Test; and
- Any special needs requirements/reports.
Note: all children starting FS1 or FS2 must be toilet ready before they can join the school
Step 5: Offer
An Offer Letter with the Admissions Agreement will be sent to you to accept the registration of your child to the school, return a signed copy to the admissions office via email with the non-refundable Registration Fee payment of QAR 3,190 by the deadline set out in the offer letter.
If you miss this deadline without consultation with the Admissions Office, the offer will be withdrawn.
Step 6: Registration
The school will register students on behalf of parents from September to mid / end October of each year, while the MoE&HE online system is open. After the MOE registration closing date, parents will be required to provide the following documentation to the admissions team to finalise registration:
- child's QID;
- attested report cards;
- the MOE registration form, which will be provided to you by the admissions team; and
- a copy of the stamp of entry to Qatar in your child’s passport.
Step 7: Welcome to Oryx International School
Once the admissions process is complete, the Admissions Department will contact you to agree on a start date and will send you further relevant information that should answer all the questions that you may have before joining our school.
Our admissions team are here to help guide you through the various stages of the admissions process and to ensure that the admission of your child to our school is as smooth as possible.
Health Records are required for all students who fall into one of the below categories
A Health certificate (Fit to attend school) is required from a Qatar LOCAL health centre. The Primary Health Care Corporation (PHCC) have health centres throughout Qatar.
If you are new to the country, you will need to apply for a health card and then book an appointment for your child to receive a health certificate via PHCC. To find out further information with regards to this, please go to the PHCC website: https://www.phcc.gov.qa/en/Patients-And-Clients/Health-Card.
This is a Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MOE&HE) requirement for all new students, as per the list below, to start school.
- All students joining from FS1 to Year 1, who have never been to school,
- Students who are transferring schools within Qatar – FS1 to Year 1, and
- New students who are coming from outside of Qatar - FS1 to Year 12
To book an appointment from the health centre, call 107 or click on the link for more details: https://guidetohealthcare.qa/EN/Elderly/Health_Cards/Pages/default.aspx
Please email a copy of the Health certificate to email@example.com. This is not the vaccination record, but specifically, a health record that is only provided within Qatar. If you are not in the country yet, this can be done on your arrival.
A student cannot be registered with the MOE if the correct documentation is not supplied.
Students can only start school once they are registered with the Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
- If you are moving to Qatar - attested report cards and Qatar National Identity Document to start school.
- For registrations after mid-October - the MOE registration form, and copy of stamp of entry into Qatar.
- If you are transferring between schools in Qatar, a parent requires a Vacancy letter from Oryx International School, this must be taken to the school you are transferring from and they will provide a Transfer letter. This letter must be handed to the admissions office and the previous school will then transfer your child on the MOE&HE online system from their school to ours.
All students transferring from the Indian CBSE, Filipino, Pakistani and Sri Lankan curriculums must do so before the end of December.
The following is required before mid-October:
- All students joining a school in Qatar must have a QID to start school, if you do not have one by 15 October, then you will need to provide us with your QID (when you receive it) and the entry stamp into Qatar in your child's passport to prove to the MOE&HE that your child only arrived after this date.
- It is imperative that your child is registered before mid-November when joining in Term 1. The MOE&HE will require continuation of education and if your child has missed Term 1 of the school year, they will have to repeat their last completed academic school year.
- Attested report cards are required before your child can start school, please ensure that you have these with you on arrival in Qatar.
The last date to register students that are new to Doha from curriculums outside of the English National Curriculum.
Students must present an attested previously completed full academic year and a Term 1 report card, the entry stamp in their passports and a QID to start school.
Last date to register students transferring from schools within Doha.
With a different curriculum to the ENC.
The last date to transfer and register students from schools with the same curriculum.