Let us guide you through joining our school
Welcome to Oryx International School, you are one of the exclusive parents in Qatar that has the privilege of joining our five-star Qatar Airways purpose-built school. We would be delighted to provide you with the opportunity of visiting our school and meeting the team, allowing you to make an informed choice as to what is best for you and your family.
Please contact us to discuss the availability of seats for specific year groups.
To start the admissions process, please follow the easy steps below:
Step 1: Status check
Are you a full-time employee of Qatar Airways or one of their approved subsidiaries? These include:
- Qatar Duty-Free (QDF),
- Qatar Aviation Services (QAS),
- Al Maha Services,
- Qatar Executive,
- Qatar Airways Catering Company (QACC),
- Qatar Distribution Company (QDC),
- Airport Hotel,
- Hyatt Regency Oryx Doha (formerly Oryx Rotana Hotel),
- Qatar Amiri Flights, and
- Discover Qatar
If you fit into one of these categories, please proceed.
Step 2: Join a tour
We are always delighted to welcome prospective parents to our school and look forward to meeting you, please register to book a tour by clicking on the following link: Book a School Tour. We look forward to meeting and taking you through a journey of our school.
Provide the following information in the booking form:
- Parent/s first and last name/s:
- Parent/s contact email/s:
- Parent/s mobile number/s:
- Child/ren first and last name/s:
- Child/ren year group/s applying to join.
- During school term: Sundays starting at 09:00 and Wednesdays starting at 11.00
- During holiday times: Monday and Wednesday starting at 09:00
During your visit we will:
- Introduce you to our school and take you around our facilities.
- Discuss your child’s educational needs and the curriculum.
- Answer any specific questions you may have.
- Help you with your admissions requirements.
Step 3: Applying
To complete the Application Form, please follow the process in the Online Application link below.
Once you begin the Application process, our dedicated Admissions Portal will remain open for the duration of your admissions journey. You can log in to the portal to view your progress and submit documents at any time, you will also receive a notification when there is an update. However, please note that once you submit forms and sign documents, you will no longer be able to make edits. If you have previously enquired to the school, please use the same email address to login to the portal because this helps us to identify you.
Before starting, ensure that you read all the requirements in the application section carefully and supply us with the required documentation and information. Reports uploaded must be translated into English for assessment requirements. (This does not need to be a professional translation) However, if you are attesting your report card (coming from outside of Qatar), you will require a professionally translated report for MOFA Qatar attestation. (see Attestation section below)
Before your child starts school you will have to provide us with:
- attested report cards if you are joining from outside of Qatar, NOT required if you are joining FS1, FS2 or Year 1.
- transfer certificate if you are joining from a school within Qatar, and
- the Qatar ID for your child. (The is an MOE requirement here in Qatar)
A place at the school is not guaranteed with the receipt of an application. Where a year group is full and an applicant has satisfied the entry requirements of the school, your child can join our waiting list, provided payment of the non-refundable application fee of QAR450 has been made.
Please Note: all children joining our Early Years' Foundation Stage/Key Stage 1 must be toilet ready before they can join the school
Application and Registration Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Payments can be made by bank transfer or cheque (which should be dropped off at the security gate at school, this will then be given to our Finance Department and you will receive a receipt via email. We also accept post-dated cheques). Bank Details can be found here. Applications will only be processed on receipt of the Application Fee.
Students will not be allowed to start school until we have received the Attested Report cards and Qatar National Identity Document (QID), which will then be registered with the MoE&HE. Please remember to have your original report cards attested. Include a translated copy attached when obtaining the final MOFA stamp in Qatar.
Attested Report Card process, NOT required if you are joining FS1, FS2 or Year 1:
- The school your child is coming from OR the Department of Education of the country you are coming from;
- the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country you are coming from;
- The (nearest) Qatar Embassy and
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Qatar (once you arrive in Qatar).
Islamic and Muslim students with a passport from a regional country must take Islamic Studies as a Ministry of Education examinable subject. These countries include: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
Step 4: Assessment
Once you have submitted the Application Form and fee, your child will be required to participate in an Assessment Test. Our EYFS & Year 1 & Year 2 students are assessed via an observation process (all students must be toilet ready to start school), children from Year 3 onwards, children are required to undertake a more formal CAT4 assessment. Completion of an assessment does not guarantee a place at the school for your child and results will be reviewed by our academic team, to ensure that your child is able to access our curriculum. As a school we assess all applications on individual merit, and we always ensure to make the best decision for the individual child, to best set them up for future success.
Assessments and relevant documentation are reviewed, these include:
- School reports;
- Assessment Test; and
- Any special needs requirements/reports.
Step 5: Offer
An Offer Letter with the Admissions Agreement will be sent to you to accept the registration of your child to the school, return a signed copy to the admissions office via email with the non-refundable Registration Fee payment of QAR 3,190 by the deadline set out in the offer letter.
If you miss this deadline without consultation with the Admissions Office, the offer will be withdrawn due to the high demand for places at the school.
Step 6: Registration
The school will register students on behalf of parents from September to mid / end October of each year, while the MoE&HE online system is open. After the MOE registration closing date, parents will be required to provide the following documentation to the admissions team to finalise registration:
- child's QID;
- attested report cards;
- the MOE registration form, which will be provided to you by the admissions team; and
- a copy of the stamp of entry to Qatar in your child’s passport.
Step 7: Welcome to Oryx International School
Once the admissions process is complete, the Admissions Department will contact you to agree on a start date and will send you further relevant information that should answer all the questions that you may have before joining our school.
Our Admissions team are here to help guide you through the various stages of the admissions process and to ensure that the admission of your child to our school is as smooth as possible.
Health Records are required for all students who fall into one of the below categories
A Health certificate (Fit to attend school) is required from a Qatar LOCAL health centre. The Primary Health Care Corporation (PHCC) have health centres throughout Qatar.
If you are new to the country, you will need to apply for a health card and then book an appointment for your child to receive a health certificate via PHCC. To find out further information with regards to this, please go to the PHCC website: Health Card (phcc.gov.qa)
This is a Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MOE&HE) requirement for all new students, as per the list below, to start school.
- All students joining from FS1 to Year 1, who have never been to school,
- Students who are transferring schools within Qatar – FS1 to Year 1, and
- New students who are coming from outside of Qatar - FS1 to Year 12
To book an appointment from the health centre, call 107 or click on the link for more details: Appointments & Referral (phcc.gov.qa)
Please email a copy of the Health certificate to email@example.com. Please note, this certificate is not the child's vaccination record, but specifically, a health record that is only provided within Qatar. If you are not in the country yet, this can be done on your arrival.
A student cannot be registered with the MOE if the correct documentation is not supplied.
Students can only start school once they are registered with the Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
- If you are moving to Qatar - attested report cards (students from Year 2 and above) and Qatar National Identity Document (QID) to start school.
- For registrations after mid-October - the MOE registration form and copy of stamp of entry into Qatar.
- If you are transferring between schools in Qatar, a parent requires a Vacancy letter from Oryx International School, this must be taken to the school you are transferring from and they will provide a Transfer letter. This letter must be handed to the admissions office and the previous school will then transfer your child on the MOE&HE online system from their school to ours.
- Please note: for students applying for Year 12, they must be already studying in the English National Curriculum and have completed their I/GCSEs, as per the MoE guidelines
All students transferring from the Indian CBSE, Filipino, Pakistani and Sri Lankan curriculums must do so before the end of December.
The following is required before mid-October:
- All students joining a school in Qatar must have a physical QID card to start school, if they do not have one by Mid October (this date occasionally varies) then you will need to provide us with a copy of your child's QID when you receive it and the entry stamp into Qatar in your child's passport. This is required to prove to the MOE&HE that your child only arrived after this date into the country.
- It is imperative that your child is registered before mid-November when joining in Term 1. The MOE&HE will require continuation of education and if your child has missed Term 1 of the school year, they will have to repeat their last completed academic school year.
- Attested report cards are required before your child can start school (for students Year 2 and above), please ensure that you have these with you on arrival in Qatar.
The last date to register students that are new to Doha from curriculums outside of the English National Curriculum.
Students must present an attested previously completed full academic year and a Term 1 report card, the entry stamp in their passports and a QID to start school.
Last date to register students transferring from schools within Doha.
With a different curriculum to the ENC.
The last date to transfer and register students from schools with the same curriculum.