Secondary students are required to bring their own personal laptop into school for use in some lessons. This will be advantageous, as it will allow students to access, store and share their work with teachers and fellow students, access learning at home and subsequently make more efficient and greater progress with their learning, acquiring ICT skills at the same time. Once setup, students will automatically be logged into the school network and will therefore not have to log in and out making the device readily available in every lesson.
Students will be required to sign a BYOD Agreement Form.
- 4gb of RAM and Core i3, i5 or i7
- SSD Hard drive 256gb or higher
- Minimum screen size: 10”
- Ability to run Microsoft Office and applications such as Adobe Photoshop
- USB port for connecting devices
- Battery life: minimum 6 - 8 hours (full day)
- Aim for under 1.6kg
- Wi-Fi connectivity: 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHz dual-band
- Full keyboard (detachable is fine)
- Touchscreen and Pen is recommended but not essential
Buying advice here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-a...
Examples of suitable laptops / notebooks - as a guide only:
- Surface Pro
- Surface Laptop
- Lenovo 300e
- Laptop/notebook carrier bags, if supplied, should be black in colour.
NB: The school operates on Windows platform