Oryx International School parents, teachers and students came together today in support of Breast Cancer Awareness.
Parents combined their efforts to set up an event that will be remembered by all, with students pinning a ribbon to a special area in school with the name of a loved one who they had lost, is fighting or has beaten breast cancer.
Facts about Breast Cancer - National Breast Cancer Foundation, inc.
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 252,710 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,500 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 460 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
In Qatar: breast screenings are available at HMC’s Primary Health Care Centers in Qatar – in Leabaib, Rawdat Al Khail and Al Wakrah.
Mobile Units roving around the country offer mammogram services.
You may call Hamad Medical Corporation’s dedicated hotline for this section at 800 1112.
Don't delay early detection can save your life!