The Oryx International School Scholarship Scheme is open to students joining Year 6 and 7 in September 2017. It provides for an award of 50% of the tuition fees and is specifically aimed at high performing students.
It is offered for 3 years, provided the student maintains satisfactory standards. Parents may consider applying for the scholarship for their son or daughter, provided they meet the criteria for the award:
- The student must be able to speak English, as lessons at Oryx International follow the English National Curriculum and are delivered in English;
- Their current school reports must show that they are already performing at a high level in the core subjects of English and Mathematics;
- One of the parents must be a permanent employee of Qatar Airways or one of its subsidiaries;
- 50% Scholarship is available to families of Qatar Airways employees who do not receive an education allowance;
- The parents must be able to pay the balance of the termly fees in full after the scholarship has been applied;
- The parents must also be able to cover any additional costs that are not covered by the scholarship, including school uniform, meals, day trips and extra-curricular activities;
- The student will receive the benefit of the scholarship for three years at Oryx International School, provided the student is performing at the required standard;
- The student must satisfy conditions relating to behaviour and attendance, as well as meeting academic targets;
- Consideration will be given to extending the scholarship beyond three years for exceptional students;
- The student must be available to attend a Selection Day to be determined by the school; if the student cannot attend on that date, then they cannot be considered for the scholarship;
- The Selection Day will comprise examinations in in mathematics , reading and non verbal reasoning. Students will have to do a piece of writing and attend an interview with the School Principal and/or an Assistant Headteacher;
- The management of Qatar Airways will make the final decision relating to the selection of students;
- Following the selection day, the successful applicants will be notified by the school;
- There will be no appeal for unsuccessful applicants;
- There will be 5 scholarship places in Year 6 and 5 scholarship places in Year 7
To be considered for a scholarship for the 2017/18 academic year, please complete the application form and submit it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for an Oryx International School Scholarship, click on the link below that will open up an Application Form. Please ensure you complete every section of the Form.
Once you have completed the Form, submit it by email to email@example.com,with a scanned copy of your child’s most recent school report.
If you would prefer to apply by post, send your completed application form with a copy of your child's most recent school report to:
Scholarships - Oryx International School
Al Nahda School Street
Please note: incomplete applications or applications submitted without a school report will automatically be rejected.